Subject: Ed: Reminder: Request for information – CASP 2024 testing campaign on Disposable electronic cigarettes under a European Commission product safety project
From: "Jelena Pipper" <[email-masked]>
To: "Stella Ilves" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 16:31:18 +0200

Lp Stella

Palun registreerida e- kiri DHS’s.

Täitmiseks I. Honga, I. Epold.

Lugupidamisega

Jelena Pipper

Saatja: CASP2024 <[email-masked]>
Saatmisaeg: kolmapäev, 31. jaanuar 2024 13:23
Teema: Reminder: Request for information – CASP 2024 testing campaign on
Disposable electronic cigarettes under a European Commission product
safety project

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is a kind reminder about the below message. Could you provide us with
an answer by next Wednesday 7 February please?

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards,

EY Team

EY Consulting BV

Website:  <http://www.ey.com/> http://www.ey.com

From: CASP2024
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2024 7:25 PM
Subject: Request for information – CASP 2024 testing campaign on
Disposable electronic cigarettes under a European Commission product
safety project

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are contacting you from EY Belgium regarding the project initiated and
financed by the European Commission CASP 2024 -
<https://ec.europa.eu/safety-gate/#/screen/pages/casp> Coordinated
Activities on the Safety of Products in the EU/EFTA countries. EY is
currently supporting the European Commission to enable Market Surveillance
Authorities (MSAs) of EU/EFTA countries to test consumer products in a
harmonised manner across the Single Market. For further information on
this, please refer to the accreditation letter attached to this email.
Under this large-scale project, products will be sampled by MSAs in their
respective markets and tested against safety requirements in a single
accredited testing laboratory located within the EU/EFTA for the purpose
of market surveillance.

Your laboratory has been identified using the National Accreditation Body
website of your country as being accredited to test disposable electronic
cigarettes. According to our research, your laboratory is accredited to
ISO/IEC 17025 and to at least to one of the standards, directives or
Regulations below.

*	EN ISO 24211:2022
*	EN ISO 24199:2022
*	EN ISO 24197:2022
*	EN 17648
*	CEN/TS 176322:2022
*	EN 17746:2023

*	EN 86242: Testing of non-reclosable packages for
non-pharmaceutical products
*	EN 60335
*	EN 62133-2:2017
*	EN 60065: Testing of batteries in e-cigarettes
*	ISO 8317,1: Testing of re-closable child-resistant packaging
*	ISO 20714:2019 E-liquid - determination of nicotine, propylene
glycol and glycerol in liquids used in electronic nicotine delivery
devices - Gas chromotographic method
*	Emissions testing
*	EU Tobacco Products Directive 2014/40/EU (EU TPD)
*	Regulation on Classification, Labelling and Packaging of
substances and mixtures (CLP Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008)
*	REACH regulation  (EC) No 1907/2006
*	RoHS Directive (Directive 2011/65/EU)
*	CEN/TS 17287:2019 Electrical safety tests on E-Cigarettes

As we are currently collecting information on eligible laboratories that
would be interested and capable of testing disposable electronic
cigarettes under the CASP 2024, you are invited to let us know more about
your laboratory using the table below.

Topic

Question

Laboratory answer

1

Interest

Is your laboratory interested in participating in the CASP 2024 testing
campaign?

2

Eligibility

Is your laboratory accredited to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and to at least one of
the above standards, directives or Regulations?

3

Scope of accreditation

Can you please confirm for which of the standards, directives or
Regulations mentioned above your laboratory is accredited with a valid
accreditation certificate?

4

N° of specimens needed for each sample and test

Could you estimate the number of specimens needed for the same sample to
run the various tests? Please be as specific as possible.

5

Initial price estimation

Can you provide a price estimation to test products (per part of the
standard)?

If you foresee a discount based on volume, please indicate this as well.

6

Capacity to host lab meeting

We plan to hold a 2-day meeting in the selected laboratory in the period
(tentatively)  October 2024-January 2025 with 15-20 project participants.
The aim of the meeting will be to visit the facility and discuss testing
results with laboratory representatives.

Is your laboratory able to host such a meeting?

7

Contact person

Could you provide us the contact details of the person within your
organisation dealing with testing/business development?

8

Additional recommended testing

Is there any additional testing you would recommend to perform for the
respective product group?

Given your experience in testing consumer products, it would be valuable
for us to know more about your laboratory. We would appreciate an answer
from you and your team by Friday 26 January.

Should you need more information, please do not hesitate to reach out to
us.

Kind regards,

EY Project Team

EY Consulting BV

Website:  <http://www.ey.com/> http://www.ey.com

___________________________________
The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then
delete it from your system. EY is neither liable for the proper and
complete transmission of the information contained in this communication
nor for any delay in its receipt.